Why "Connect" Groups?
We want to see believers connect and grow together. In 1 Thessalonians 2:8, Paul told the church, "Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well". The early church shared life. They met together continually both in the temple and in their homes (Acts 2:46). We also need fellow believers to do life with. The purpose of Connect Groups is to build community as we help each other follow Jesus.
The mission of Connect Groups is to:
- Fulfill Cobblestone's mission and vision.
- The mission of Cobblestone is to be lovers of God, loving others into life-changing encounters with Him. Our vision is to love god and love people as we are taught by the Word and led by the Spirit. We best fulfill our purpose through biblical community and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Promote healthy relationships.
- Empower people for ministry.
- Encourage people to use the giftings which the Holy Spirit has given them.
- Impact our neighbors and nations.